There are lots of different kinds of employers, and the good ones aren’t always easy to locate for good employees. If you do find good employees, hold on to them. Here are some tips:
- Listen. Make sure your employees have a voice and listen to them if they have anything to say about their roles.
- Improve. No company stays good without trying. Keep on top of your priorities and instigate change regularly.
- Know your capacity. Employees should never feel overworked. When they have no additional capacity, it’s time to think about expanding the team.
- Build up a team. When people work in similar areas, put them together as a team and pool your resources. They will feel like they have more support.
- Give pay rises. A pay rise will help your employees to stay motivated and feel valued. Make sure you are paying them what they are worth and review pay regularly.